Friday, September 14, 2012

Fabric Friday!

I am starting a new series today. Every Friday, I am going to select a fabric that best describes my week. 

First up, Manuel Canovas' 'Penelope'. 

" All my life I have liked big motifs. They feel more elegant, more generous."
-Manuel Canovas


With the first signs of fall popping it's head here in Chicago, I am in a bit of denial that summer is actually over.  To prolong summer as much as I can, I am pretending that I do not notice the chill in the air which is why I have decided to showcase Manuel Canovas this week. Nothing screams summer to me more than Manuel Canovas. It could be the Canovas print bathing suit I purchased years ago that remind me of summer, or just the simply beautiful floral fabrics he designs. 



I love the 'Penelope' fabric for it's bold color and large scale. This is a fabric that I could see used in a powder room, little girl's room, or dining room. It could be used in either a contemporary or traditional home. And I love that while the light pink color reminds me of summer, the deep pink and red color brings me into fall. 

How would use 'Penelope' in your home? 

Happy Fabric Friday! 









0 comments:

Post a Comment